Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links of this site are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will be earning a commission if you click through and purchase.
This isolation thing has me wondering what day is it anyway? All the usual markers of my week are gone! How is one to distinguish Sunday from Monday with no Monday bus stop run! If there’s no yoga and I don’t go to my 4:00 pm class, is it even Wednesday? Honestly, I’m all over the place with my days. Frankly, I just lost my train of though as my mayor farted in my face. Only teenage boys tell their parents goodnight in this fashion.
Time is blending together as the isolation wears on. I’d hardly know it was a new day if I didn’t get my morning coffee. Admittedly, the Sweat App does help as I do my resistance workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are for running. Although tomorrow, which I’m told is Saturday, I’m going to run three miles.
This week we passed our time with some Disney movies and the Tiger King. Wow! If ever there was a show that could make you feel better about yourself whole making you terrified for society, this is it! I’ve never seen more of a train wreck before and I’ve lived in Florida for nearly fifteen years. From beginning to end, the Tiger King was a wild ride in insanity. I’m not neither Team Joe Exotic or Team Carol as I think they’re both terrible. I did, however, learn (thank you Carol) that is you want a big cat to eat something it shouldn’t put sardine oil on it…. Why would you even know that?!!! Oh wait…..
This evening we started watching The Office again. It made me miss Jake and Mel, so I had to text them that. Coincidentally, they were watching The Office season 1 together via FaceTime. Clearly, great minds think alike. Every time I watch this show, I love it more. It’s the perfect television binge for a pandemic.
While we binged on Netflix, our Maya stayed by our side on the couch. Her incision site is healing well. More importantly, she is returning to her normal self. She has a good energy, a happier disposition and a healthy appetite. In addition, she even tried to play with Athena and Anakin today. We’re very happy with the progress she’s made over the last twenty four hours. We’re praying that her biopsy results show nothing nefarious.
I thought it might be fun to catalog what I’ve learned during our time in isolation. Here’s what I learned this week:
- Skipping rope is a lot harder than I remember it being.
- I suck at skipping rope
- Sardine oil makes big cats hungry
- Not all hard seltzers are created equally
- It is possible to make a yummy gluten free cake at home. Thank you Krusteaz!
- My runs are getting faster!
- Connections via technology are great, but they’re no replacement for the original.
- Becky Sharp is one of my least favorite characters in literature.
- It’s scary to drop off your pet for surgery.
- I should not partake in more than 2-4 margaritas in a night.
- I now understand how my parents felt when they told teenage me not to go out, but I went out anyway.
- A college degree isn’t necessary to be an expert in a given field. A Facebook page, however, will make you an expert in everything.