Packing for the perfect beach vacation is key to a successful tropical vacation. If you forgot certain items, you can end up in tremendous pain. Hello my sunburnt legs! Fortunately, I’ve put together a list of must have items for any successful beach vacation.
- Copious amounts of waterproof sunscreen that’s at least 50 SPF.
- Nice beach towels as you can’t rely on the hotel or AirBnB to provide enough. We learned this lesson the hard way at Hawk’s Cay.
- A nice sun hat to protect your scalp. Nothing sucks more than a severely sun burnt scalp!
- A high quality cooler, like a Yeti, for a day on the boat or at the beach. Otherwise, your food and drinks will soon be warm.
- I also like to bring a cooler bag as they take up less room and are the perfect option for carrying snacks.
- SPF clothing is crucial to protecting your skin especially if you’re out on the water. My SPF shirt protected my upper body. Unfortunately, I didn’t have SPF pants on and my legs paid the price. Lily Pulitzer also offers a full line of SPF protection clothing.
- What would a day on the boat or at the beach be without some great music. A Bluetooth speaker, like this one from Bose, is the perfect way to bring the party everywhere you go.
- Snorkel gear!! There’s no better way to explore at the beach than by snorkeling.
- Naturally, you’ll need something to carry all this awesomeness in and a great beach bag is exactly what you need. I bought an expensive one years ago at Atlantis, but it quickly broke. This year I bought one by Shylero for under $50 off of Amazon. Honestly, it’s amazing for the price. It even comes with a waterproof bag for your phone and wallet. You can check it out here.
- Another must have is after sun lotion or aloe Vera to help heal and moisturize your skin after a day in the sun.
These are some of the key items to have as you embark on your perfect beach vacation. Some of these items are a matter of convenience, but others are crucial to protecting your health. Now that my fabulous beach vacation is over, l’m making notes of my must haves for next year’s trip. All of which are in the list above. What are your must have beach items?
Here’s a list of our day’s activities:
*I’m now reading Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier.
*I ran 2 miles and walked a mile. It went quite well.
*Did I mention it was vacation time?
*Tonight we’re enjoying ice cream and watching the NHL draft.
*Jake was able to have a nice lunch with Jon and Brandi before they headed for Yellowstone. I’m so jealous.
*For dinner, the hubby made vodka sauce pasta.
*My favorite surprise on the underwater cams, I watch during work, is seeing an octopus. Today I watched the safari cam, which never disappoints.
*Today’s word of the day is curvaceous. After eating too much on vacation, I’m more curvaceous than I’d like.
*I took my puppies including sweet Anakin for a walk. Today he didn’t pull my arm off or anything like that. I put on his harness, so I’d have more control over him outside. Also, the flies are still here. Did I mention I hate gnats, flies, and mosquitos? I was finally able to hang the fly traps. Nobody loves flies.