Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links of this site are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will be earning a commission if you click through and purchase.
I’m sure we can all relate to the pressures of holiday stress. At this time in the year, the stress level is maxed out as we hurriedly try to finish our holiday preparations. When you’re a small business owner, you can amp that stress level up 100X as you wait for contractors to act on invoices sent over a month ago. While they’re are definitely benefits to owning your own business, the added stress is not one of them.
I’ve written about missing home before, but some times in the course of doing business I really, truly miss the Northland. It would be unthinkable up north for a reputable contractor to sit on invoices for over a month. Whereas, here in S. Florida it is completely normal for a contractor to pay invoices on island time. Admittedly, I’m new to this business and my hubby assures me this is normal, but I want to fucking throat punch this guy right now.
Anyway, rant over because that’s not what this post is about. Believe it or not this post is about ways you can reduce your holiday stress. Here are some of my favorite coping mechanisms:
- Run – Runner’s high is real and it is amazing. The world is a better place after a good long run.
- Meet me at the mat! There’s nothing like a good Vinyasa class to remove your from life’s craziness and put you in the moment.
- Come fly with me…. If you’re not inclined to hop on a mat and namaste, then come fly with me at Aerial yoga.
- Bake some holiday treats with your loved ones or friends. If your family is anything like my boys, make sure they don’t steal any cookies from the cookie sheet.
- Spend time with good friends
- Enjoy a nice drink (i.e. Ciroc and vodka.) See 5.
- Pay it forward. There’s nothing more rewarding than helping those that are less fortunate.
- Hang out with your four legged friends. I love chilling with my puppies!
- Spend time doing the things you love with the people you love. There’s nothing I love more than watching my boys (even the big one) play hockey. I was in hog heaven last night as three of the four took to the ice.
- Drink more Dunkin’! Just think soon it won’t just be coffee I’m talking about it will be beer too!
I hope my list of tricks and tools to alleviate the holiday stress was helpful to you. Obviously, if you’re not in to running or yoga, you suck.. I’m only kidding. In all seriousness, if they’re not your poison, make time for your favorite workout. It will do you a world of good!
Tonight’s song is “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”