Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links of this site are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will be earning a commission if you click through and purchase.

I gave myself a break today from my usual workout routine. Particularly, I skipped my run. Technically speaking, I didn’t so much skip it as I aborted it as I began. Over the past few weeks, I’ve ramped up my running and it’s been going really well. Until it wasn’t… For whatever reason, my foot is not good. Unfortunately, I have pain in my heel similar to when I first tore the tendon. Needless to say, it was a good opportunity to rest instead of trying to push through the run.

Photo creds to the PB Morning Skate

The pain carried over to yoga, so I used the wall for balance poses on the left foot. As for the rest of yoga, I modified where I needed to for my foot. Meanwhile, the entire class made the rest of my body incredible. However, I noticed with the increased pain in my left foot and ankle came an increased level of tightness through the entirety of my left leg. Naturally, I probably changed my gait to mitigate the pain. As for the rest of the day, I tried to have my foot elevated as much as possible.

I was jumping for joy (not literally) because I had an interview this afternoon that I was excited about. Consequently, for the first time on months I put on eye makeup. Since the interview was in Zoom, I only got dressed from the waist up. Unfortunately, it was obvious early in the call that this was not a legitimate opportunity. At best, it’s a side gig. At worst it’s a complete scam. Needless to say, it’s not for me either way. Honestly, I’m thankful that it was a Zoom call, so I could research the company as we talked.

After sweating it out through the Zoom call, the Mayor and I headed to Target to pick up my prescriptions. Fortunately, the pharmacy wasn’t too busy, so we were in and out pretty quick. As for the rest of the afternoon, I spent it watching Seinfeld while elevating my foot. I did take a brief interlude from resting my foot to make a great meal for the boys before they had to leave for hockey.

Today has been tough as I learned a former colleague, Ian, passed way from COVID19 yesterday. It was unexpected and hit many of us like a lightning bolt. Later in the day, my fellow hockey mom Michelle messaged to me sharing that she’d been fighting the disease for five days now. Markedly she deceived being in horrific pain with a seriously high fever. Fortunately, she’s able to stay at home and monitor her oxygens levels there. Also, Goalielocks’ friend Jorden continues to struggle with the injuries he sustained in his ATV accident. His mother, my dear friend, is presently with him in Arizona. I cannot imagine what she and her husband are currently experiencing. Lastly, Goalielocks’ friend Cole has chemo this week. Please pray that it goes well for Cole. Please keep my friends and their families in your prayers as they are desperately needed.

Here’s a list of our day’s activities:

*Reading O Pioneers by Willa Cather

*Morning and afternoon meditation

*Gentle Flow with Jenn at Open Heart Yoga Studio

*Took obligatory picture of Anakin

*Obedience training Anakin

*Still missing my airmen!! I love him!

*Learned that the word sibilant means making or characterizing a hissing sound

*Week 4 BBG 2.0 day 4 yoga and skipped cardio

*Took Anakin, Maya and Athena out for a walk

Affiliate advertising supports this blog. By clicking on the link and making a purchase, you are helping to support the blog with no additional cost to you. Thanks!


  1. Ah, I hope everyone feels better soon, and so sorry to hear about your colleague who wasn’t so lucky 🙁 I hope your foot heals quickly! Cheers and thanks for sharing!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.