We all have an Achilles heel that can trip us up as we pursue our fitness and health goals. Sometimes, it is only a minor slip up that causes our healthy habits to start to taper off. If you’re like me, a cheat meal can easily converts into a cheat week.
So how do we stay the course without driving ourselves nutty?
- Allow yourself latitude to miss a workout or eat a treat. It’s okay to not be perfect.
- Don’t cut out whole food groups completely. Ditching carbs is certainly effective, but not practical long term.
- Don’t give up everything you like. I can give up almost everything, but don’t make me give up or change my coffee!
- Have a battle buddy. Together you can keep each other on track and disciplined.
- Sign up for a race or event, so you have a milestone to work towards.
- Practice yoga, it will reduce stress (and stress hormones) and help you avoid injury by keeping you flexible.
These are just a few tips you can use to taper off your unhealthy habits and convert them into healthy habits and on your way to a healthier lifestyle.