We’re Chicago bound hopefully… I say hopefully because we’ve made it as far as the runway in Detroit and now are parked on the tarmac. My hopes of getting into the city and situated before snowmageddon and Chicago rush hour are starting to dwindle. Ugh! I hate driving in the snow and I hate driving in rush hour traffic.
We had a nice flight from FLL to Detroit. Including some vintage Saved By the Bell episodes. They did make me feel a bit old, but also had me reminiscing about Saturday mornings. Afterwards we had a nice run down (don’t worry mom I walked) the terminal from gate A60 to A9. And now we wait!
While we wait here’s some things I’m looking forward to in Chicago:
- Getting to hang out with my BFF Jenny
- Hanging out with our hockey family
- Watching the beautiful snow fall from the comfort of my hotel bed
- Catching up on sleep after only getting 4 hours of it last night
- Giordano’s pizza
- Lou Malnati’s pizza
- Thankful that I’m not on keto- see above!
- Finally exploring the Schaumburg IKEA after driving by it for year. It works out since I need more lingonberry and cloudberry jam
- And especially hanging out with Goalielocks
Good news is we’re ready for takeoff!!!! Chicago here we come!